My other Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Are you NUTS?

Well the three of us (My lovey wife, Boo the dog and I) are going to go on a three week trip down south and a lot hotels do not allow Dogs.

So what to do?

Well to save on the cost of almost $4 a gallon gas we traded in the old boat (2003 Toyota Avalon) and picked up a 2011 Toyota Prius. So now we need to figure out how to camp 1/2 the time since we will not be able to find or afford a hotel room that will take two nice adults and a friendly well behaved dog.

Boo the mad 19 LB dog. He will lick the leg right off of you

So I thought that I would put a trailer hitch on the Prius and off we go!! We could use the cottage camper and our old  Mattress strapped on top and instant camper!

I thought that we could take the trailer and go Red Neck Camping
But.. my wife said no way... So found this camper that seemed to have everything we needed.

I found the Sylvan Go Camper that fit the bill! http://www.sylvansport.com/camper/prius-camper/

Wow! You can't beat this!
So I then looked up where to get trailer hitches for the Prius and found out that..... Toyota forbids towing or hitches on the Prius. ??????

Dang. So why is that? Well it has to do with the transmission that the Prius has I guess...

Here is a web site with a lot more information on it that really describes the complicated gear set that makes the Prius go.

http://eahart.com/prius/psd/

So NOW WHAT?

Well you will have to wait till the next post to see what I came up with.

And it ain't pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment